in

Nag-apply raw talaga si Trillanes ng amnesty! Alamin ang sinabi ng dating nag-apruba nito

The Duterte administration has been all up on Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV’ freedom as they are demanding for the revocation of his amnesty. Based on the Proclamation No, 572 signed by President Rodrigo Duterte last week, Trillanes failed to comply with the “minimum requirements to qualify under the amnesty proclamation.”


In addition, the resolution said Trillanes failed to file a proper amnesty application and admit to the illegal activity he did. It can be remembered that he, a former Navy officer, led in unsuccessful coup d’etats against former president and current House Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.


Trillanes previously showed numerous pieces of evidence to prove that he did comply with the requirements of an amnesty proclamation. Officials though said Trillanes has yet to show a copy of his amnesty application.


It looks like these officials might be wrong as the former chair of the committee handling amnesty applications at the Department of National Defense (DND) confirmed that Trillanes indeed applied properly and admitted his wrongdoings in exchange for pardon.


In a text message to GMA News, Former Defense Secretary Honorio Azcueta, who chaired the Ad Hoc Committee on Amnesty, confirmed Trillanes did his part in order to be released from the custody of the police.


“Obviously. That’s why on records he was granted amnesty,” Azcueta said when asked if Trillanes followed the requirements.

YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Ito ang open letter ng isang Katoliko tungkol sa mga sinabi ni Father Gatchalian!


He added: I can honestly say that as chair of the Ad Hoc Committee on Amnesty, I conscientiously did my job in accordance with the Proclamation No. 75 and its rules.


Former Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin, who approved the ad hoc committee in granting amnesty to Trillanes and others, said the entire process was above board.


“As far as I can remember all those who were granted amnesty went thru the process,” Gazmin said in a statement on Thursday.


Duterte already told the military and the police to wait for an official order issued by a competent court before they can take Trillanes back behind bars.


Netizens are now questioning the validity of the resolution signed by Duterte. They are particularly targeting Solicitor General Jose Calida, the one who allegedly pushed for the resolution.

“Nganga DIGONG at DDS. Lalo na si CALIDA. Butata kau ngaun. PALPAK. Kawawang mga animal,” JP Albasino said.

“Ang daming nang proof pero bula-bulagan pa din ang mga Delusional Duterte Supporters. Is it pride or just plain stupidity,” Terence Ang said.

“The bigger picture here is abuse of power by imprisonment of political opponents. Wake up people. Wala nang freedom of speech. Wala nang checks and balances. It can happen to any of you,” Jowee JH said.

YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Sinasabi ni Senate President Tito Sotto na naiinis na siya kina Trillanes at supporters niya! Ito ang dahilan!

Source: GMANEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *